Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome to the Double B

Grab a stool and let me tell you how things work around here.

I drink a lot of beer. Now don't confuse things because that doesn't mean I get drunk a lot. In fact, I can't remember the last time I really tied one on. I'm too old for that. No, what I mean is that I drink a lot of different brands and a lot of different styles of beer. I especially like craft beers. None of that light/lite 33ºF swill they try to pass of as beer at the gas station, I'm talking about a 40-60ºF brew with some body. I like to taste my beer. I want to smell the malt and the hops and taste the complex flavors that make each beer unique. I want to see the color and the size of the head and marvel at the lacing left in the glass. And, most importantly, when I'm finished I want to feel as if I've had a beer. If I can get the same feeling from a glass of water then I may as well be drinking water.

So here at the Double B we're going to talk about beer. I'm going to post reviews and pictures of the new beers I drink, I'm going to talk about the beers I brew (my profile pic will always be my latest homebrew; right now it's a delicious milk stout that I brewed back in early December), and I'm going to post recipes for the beers I cook with. Like I said, I like beer.

So if you're like me and you're into all things beer, you're always welcome at the Double B. I got two new sixes chilling in the bar fridge and a honey weizen in the fermenter so come back soon and see what's on tap.

Drink 'em if you got 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment